Friday, July 13, 2012

Personal Development - the size of Suffering


A few days ago I watched a talk by Father Juan Jaime Escobar on happiness. Of particular caught my attention was a comment he made about "the size of Suffering."

To all, I think, without exception, have been unfortunate situations or events in life, which have brought suffering sizes or different nature, according to each individual. For some, the suffering is greater than for others, even when the event is the same.

I do not want to tell you today how big should your suffering, because every human being has a different absorption capacity. What I can tell you is that, first, do not want to suffer, and second: As an inevitable part of life ( events that we produce some kind of suffering), I do not want that suffering so that you check you from progressing or moving forward with various situations that you may incur.

If you are presented with a situation that is very hard, face it, not run away because you will always be chasing. The death of a loved one is a difficult situation to handle, but if that happens, my advice is to follow on with your life, find the way to the Party does not bother you for long. If you become unemployed, you're not the only nor the first, I too went and got new job opportunities, even better. If you separated and you feel suffocated, remember that God squeezes but not break you. There will come a new opportunity. There is a saying in my country I've used successfully in my life: There is no evil that lasts a hundred years, or body that resists.

Nothing lasts forever, not even suffering.

In life, without fear of contradiction, are the situations that bring us happiness that we generate suffering. A smile of someone who attracts a new job, a sport we love, the occurrences of our children, their first steps, etc.etc.

On a scale we can place the sum of both situations, and see that happiness outweighs the suffering. On this basis, and referring to what I said a long time, happiness is a choice, a path I I choose to follow. I choose to be happy because I want because I deserve it, because God loves me and wants it. It is I who should not twist things and choose another path, that of suffering.

NO: I choose to be Happy for Conviction. Because I'm special and different.

Today I wish you happiness outweigh your suffering and I invite you to throw the balance towards the former, you'll see that life begins to have a different meaning.

Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment